Untitled Batman directed by Ben Affleck

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Untitled Batman directed by Ben Affleck

Postby ChaosThe15th » Sep 9th, 2016, 8:34 pm

I love me so Joey Mang so I'm excited to see what he can do with the role. Deathstroke is the perfect villain for this new Batman too, can't wait to see some great combat scenes like the warehouse fight in BVS.

With the DCEU currently in shambles, In Affleck we trust.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Sep 10th, 2016, 3:59 pm

Remote Claw wrote:Well, he is 64 years old. Despite being in good shape, it'd be a very physically demanding role. Then there's the possibility of multiple movies to consider.

Two words: Stunt. Double.
Put the double for the scenes where he has his mask on. And put Lang for the maskless ones.
Also, age is just a number. Deathstroke is a god, and so would be Mr. Lang if he was playing the role.

You know what? That's it. I'm calling Stephen Lang Deathstroke from now on, no matter what happened or didn't happen. Just like I've been calling Black Rock Adam Black Adam for the last few years.

BuNKiTZ wrote:Yeah, he'd be a better choice, but I don't mind at all. Manganiello's a good actor from what I've seen of him, and he'll be masked anyway, so it'll be fine. I'm sure they'll give him some makeup to make him look older too, of course. But, yeah... Still really weird cause he's younger than Ben Affleck.

Also, maybe it's cause Stephen Lang would rather play Cable? :P

With all due respect.
Deathstroke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cable :)

Also, I don't know much about Joe Manganiello, honestly(other than the fact that he played Flash Thompson in the Raimi's Spider-Man movies(I found that out just a few weeks ago lol)). So, I can't really judge his acting abilities. But to be honest, I'm not really pissed off by this casting choice, but since it wasn't who I was expecting I got really disappointed.

In other news: Recently, Anne Hathaway just expressed her interest in reprising the role of Catwoman. Personally, I'm totally in. She was awesome in TDKR and she's really attractive (and that would sink the WonderBat shippers boat :D ).
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 10th, 2016, 7:47 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:With all due respect.
Deathstroke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cable :)

Well of course. I'm just saying, Stephen Lang wants to play Cable, not Deathstroke.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby The man who laughs » Oct 3rd, 2016, 7:10 pm

The movie is officially called "The Batman."
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 3rd, 2016, 7:36 pm

The man who laughs wrote:The movie is officially called "The Batman."

How boring. I would have liked to have seen something a little more interesting than a title we've seen used for Batman movies twice.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Oct 3rd, 2016, 8:10 pm

Also: Ben Affleck and J.K. Simmons tease their reunion on the solo Batman film

Personally, I'm very, very, very pleased with this title. It's short and effective. Save the subtext for the sequels.

JordanT4021 wrote:

How boring. I would have liked to have seen something a little more interesting than a title we've seen used for Batman movies twice.

Aside from Tim Burton's film, called Batman (without "The"), I have no idea of what's the other one.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby Remote Claw » Oct 3rd, 2016, 8:15 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:

Aside from Tim Burton's film, called Batman (without "The"), I have no idea of what's the other one.

I'm guessing the 1966 movie.

I like "The Batman." The simplicity of it makes it ideal.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 3rd, 2016, 8:21 pm

Remote Claw wrote:
BrunoBKMazing wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:

I'm guessing the 1966 movie.

I like "The Batman." The simplicity of it makes it ideal.

Yeah I was talking about the 1989 and the 1966 films.

I like simplicity but its been done so many times. A title for the actual story like "Batman: Endgame" and "Batman: Death in the Family" would be better imo.
JordanT4021

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Nov 21st, 2016, 1:22 am

Batfleck talks about Deathstroke

I wasn't buying that rumour about Deathstoke being in this movie... Oh boy...
Hopefully, they will also include guys like Black Mask, Penguin, and the Joker in this film. Like they were in a war of gangs and one of them hires Slade to take down Batman. I don't know.

Still crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes to see Matt Damon as Hush someday though...

-- Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:21 pm --

In case anyone (besides me) was wondering, Catwoman will not be part of this movie, despite the fact that Sienna Miller and Anne Hathaway expressed interest in playing the role. Good to know...
Spoiler: show
FU*K! >:(

-- Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:43 am --

Ben Affleck no longer directing "The Batman".

Please. PLE. ASE.! Give Denis Villeneuve/Mel Gibson/Sam Mendes all the money in the world just to make this!
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby Remote Claw » Jan 31st, 2017, 7:41 am

Love having my optimism get kicked in the balls... again.

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
-- Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:43 am --

Ben Affleck no longer directing "The Batman".

Please. PLE. ASE.! Give Denis Villeneuve/Mel Gibson/Sam Mendes all the money in the world just to make this!

There's no way Mel Gibson would do it. He's not a fan of the genre.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jan 31st, 2017, 8:57 am

The DCCU is fucked beyond belief. It is clear that WB have no idea what they are doing at this point.

I'm calling it now, Wonder Women is going to be complete garbage and at that point not even the fanboys will be able to defend these films anymore.
ChaosThe15th

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 31st, 2017, 4:08 pm

Variety also reports that this has nothing to do with Live By Night’s underwhelming release, and that Planet of the Apes reboot director Matt Reeves, is on WB’s shortlist for new director,

This all sounds like PR bullcrap. He was so frustrated on the Live By Night press tour and didn’t seem happy with something going on behind the scenes. One of the things that sold fans on Ben Affleck potraying Batman was the fact that he would probably direct the solo movie.

What is this all about? Sounds like they are already screwing with his script or something...

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jan 31st, 2017, 4:53 pm

Remote Claw wrote:There's no way Mel Gibson would do it. He's not a fan of the genre.

ChaosThe15th wrote:The DCCU is fucked beyond belief. It is clear that WB have no idea what they are doing at this point.

I'm calling it now, Wonder Women is going to be complete garbage and at that point not even the fanboys will be able to defend these films anymore.

Nice to see ya around again, dude! :)
Well, last year I wouldn't have agreed with that. But lately, WB has been proving to be so clueless when it comes to the DC Universe. After realizing the success of Marvel studios, Warner has been so desperate to make the easy money, that they've been dropping the quality with each new DC film.
I really hope they turn this around. But I can't help getting worried, since everything after Justice League remains a mistery.

[RUMOR]: Possible directors in line to direct The Batman.
Where the fu*k is Sam Mendes?!
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 31st, 2017, 8:39 pm

I'm not surprised in the slightest. Its so clear that Affleck bit off more than he can chew. He's stated that BvS was the biggest production he's ever done, so for him to take on the role of actor/producer/writer/director of Batman in 2018 is obvious it would be too much (for anyone for that matter). I really don't blame him for wanting to focus on one role instead of taking on all.

I think its clear he was already resenting the film though. He's expressed his frustration with Live By Midnight tanking with his fans only ever talking about Batman, and he's called out clickbait media sites who have been determined to tarnish the DCEU.

I totally agree with Chaosthe15th. At this point, I really highly doubt the DCEU will ever get on its own two feet. I think the opportunity for it to become a legitimately successful thing has been and gone, and there's just been too much damage done. I'm not even excited for new announcements anymore. Gotham City Sirens should have been a dream come true for me, but I'm honestly not interested at all. I think sooner or later, fans and haters alike will wash their hands with the DCEU and leave it to rest. A real shame for DC fans.
JordanT4021

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jan 31st, 2017, 8:45 pm

They need a Miller or a Villeneuve to regain peoples trust. Me personally however am going forward with major caution. Like I said, my prediction is that Wonder Women is going to be a complete mess and at that point I doubt I will even care anymore.

I just hope I'm wrong, I want to go into Justice League expecting great things but right now I can only expect the worst. I'm sure they will release great trailers like they always do and it will make it look like the film is going to satisfy all my nerdy desires. But I was hyped beyond belief for BVS and was extremely crushed by it in the end. Justice League is going to have to stand on its own merits when I see it in the theatre. I don't have many hopes for it right now and I doubt I will going in as well.
ChaosThe15th

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies