WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby The man who laughs » May 7th, 2018, 9:33 pm

johnsyggel wrote:
The man who laughs wrote:New rumours about rocksteady working on a superman game have resurfaced. Apparently its set to be announced before e3.

I'd love to see RS try making a game for another her.Superman is great,of course! And a new game is what really this forum needs to stay alive.- sigh-

I agree hahaha, it's pretty much dead. I'm glad rocksteady are making another DC that's not Batman. I just hope WB is making a Batman game though
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby Abcdefg » Jun 3rd, 2018, 2:34 am

next week
https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/statu ... 1324241921
GameInformer Cover Rocksteady new game?(superman)
Abcdefg

Favourite Villain: joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: BATMAN The Killing J

Postby José_Long » Jun 6th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Hopefully we get a new game announcement this week, at long last.

It's crazy how this forum kind of disappear from the space-time continuum between games and then resurrect like it never disappeared in the first place :oldyella:
José_Long

Favourite Villain: Two Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: DKR

Postby Abcdefg » Oct 4th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Posted to 4chan earlier but this seems like a better option to get the word out.

Let me start off by saying that Rocksteady isn't making that Harry Potter game. That's Avalanche Software, WB's new studio they purchased last year. To all those who were hoping that Rocksteady was moving on from the Arkhamverse and making a different type of DC game, I'm sorry, but they aren't. There's no Justice League or Superman game in development.

Rocksteady's new multiplayer Batman game is scheduled to get announced at X018. Here's everything I know:

Title: DC's Arkham Universe

Release Date: Fall 2019

Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC

Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)

Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood

Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.

Gotham is now a "living, breathing city"

Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)

There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.

Main Villain: Court of Owls

Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.

Every character is available in free roam.

Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles

Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes

Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.

Stealth segments make you work together

Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.

Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.

New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual takedown to get them down)

Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)

Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously

This is supposed to be Rocksteady's true "last hoorah" of Batman games.

Link to the 4chan thread. There might be some replies or stuff I'm forgetting. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433941967

tl;dr Rocksteady's making a new Batman game. Multiplayer this time.
Abcdefg

Favourite Villain: joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: BATMAN The Killing J

Postby DatBat » Oct 5th, 2018, 1:07 am

Abcdefg wrote:Posted to 4chan earlier but this seems like a better option to get the word out.

Let me start off by saying that Rocksteady isn't making that Harry Potter game. That's Avalanche Software, WB's new studio they purchased last year. To all those who were hoping that Rocksteady was moving on from the Arkhamverse and making a different type of DC game, I'm sorry, but they aren't. There's no Justice League or Superman game in development.

Rocksteady's new multiplayer Batman game is scheduled to get announced at X018. Here's everything I know:

Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood

Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.

There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.

Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles

Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes

Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.

New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual takedown to get them down)

Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)

Link to the 4chan thread. There might be some replies or stuff I'm forgetting. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433941967

This doesn't make any sense, especially if it's an Arkham game. At what point in the timeline was Batman alive (not counting whatever that Batman in the final scene of Knight is), Batgirl not paralyzed, and Red Hood around?

I'd certainly love to see Rocksteady announce something at XO18, maybe they will, but it won't be this

-- Nov 28th, 2018, 12:31 am --

Abcdefg wrote:Posted to 4chan earlier but this seems like a better option to get the word out.

This doesn't make any sense, especially if it's an Arkham game. At what point in the timeline was Batman alive (not counting whatever that Batman in the final scene of Knight is), Batgirl not paralyzed, and Red Hood around?

I'd certainly love to see Rocksteady announce something at XO18, maybe they will, but it won't be this

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rockst ... com.83628/

Please god

-- Nov 30th, 2018, 6:01 pm --

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rockst ... com.83628/

Please god

-- Nov 30th, 2018, 6:01 pm --

Well we won't be seeing it soon, and it won't be Superman when we do.
https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/1 ... 28641?s=19
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby ABCDEFGA » Oct 19th, 2018, 3:38 pm

Recently I reported on some job listings that pointed to WB Montreal's next project being a multiplayer, next-gen, new IP, and now it seems like more has been spilled on yet another one of their projects.

In a recent interview, Osama Dorias, a Senior Game Designer at WB Montreal, let it spill that he just finished working on an open world, DC Universe main console game and has moved onto a new, different WB Montreal project. He also mentioned that the property he worked on is a major DC property, and one of the main reasons he joined WB Montreal alongside his former Ubisoft boss and WB Montreal's new Game Director, Geoff Ellenor.

Easy assumption would be that WB Montreal has been tinkering away at yet another installment in the Arkham franchise, but after a look at his various social media profiles, the game may actually be something different. Osama happens to be a big Batman fan, but someone also plastered on his Instagram file is none other than the big blue boyscout himself, Superman. WB Montreal has worked on a Superman game in the past, but it seems as if it never got to the greenlight stage and was canned. With the new change in leadership, could they have moved back to the project? Who knows, my first bet is still on Batman, but with all the support for a purported Rocksteady Superman game, WB might have reopened themselves to the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_m-rCjCs4U

He mentions the open world DC game stuff in the very beginning of the video and also says that the game is too early in development for an announcement.

This now puts 3 major DC console games in development. Two for WB Montreal, one for Rocksteady.

My guesses for what Rocksteady/WB Montreal are working on:

Rocksteady - Green Lantern Corps

WB Montreal - Batfam, Superman
ABCDEFGA

Postby rdr2 goty » Nov 24th, 2018, 11:35 am

WB games is launching new forum website on December 3rd, 2018. Game Awards and rumored announcement is just 3 days after the new forum launch (December 6th) Looks like there is a nice chance of some announcement boys.
https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Offici ... 33446#M113

This comes from true achievements.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...e ... hancements

Following on from the recent LEGO Harry Potter Collection bundle that we revealed in September, it looks like publisher Warner Bros. is putting together another bundle from one of their biggest IP, with a new store listing appearing for the Batman: Arkham Trilogy. The collection will include the previously remastered Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, as well as the series' finale Batman: Arkham Knight, and will also include all three games' post-launch content.

The Batman: Arkham Collection listing currently has the game slated for release on November 27th, but with no official word from Warner Bro. as of yet, that could, of course, be subject to change. The store page also lists the bundle as being Xbox One X Enhanced. As of now, the remastered versions of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both enhanced for the Xbox One X, although neither currently offer 4K resolution or HDR.
Here's the store description and screenshots:

Batman: Arkham Collection brings you the definitive versions of Rocksteady's Arkham Trilogy games, including all post-launch content, in one complete collection. Experience two of the most critically acclaimed titles of the last generation - Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, with fully remastered and updated visuals. Complete your experience with the explosive finale to the Arkham series in Batman: Arkham Knight. Become the Batman and utilize a wide range of gadgets and abilities to face off against Gotham's most dangerous villains, finally facing the ultimate threat against the city that Batman is sworn to protect.
[​IMG]

For anyone who hasn't gotten into the Arkham games and wants to this Holiday season, this is a great opportunity. Arkham Origins is also backwards compatible on the Xbox One. I'm sure this will also be coming to the PS4 as well. Who knows, this might even point to a new Rocksteady announcement soon.

Also, for any confusion, there have been Arkham Collections in the past that have included Arkham Origins, Arkham City and Arkham Asylum, but this is the newest one and it includes Arkham Knight and all games are now Xbox One X Enhanced.

Pretty much the definitive "Arkham Collection" as WB are concerned.
rdr2 goty

Postby The man who laughs » Dec 6th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Rocksteady nor WB will attend the game awards, but new rumors have resurfaced about a court of owls game.
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 6th, 2018, 4:51 pm

The man who laughs wrote:Rocksteady nor WB will attend the game awards, but new rumors have resurfaced about a court of owls game.

Not only Court Of Owls, but there seems to be a Wonder Woman game in development too...
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Joe Chill » Dec 6th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one following this latest string of rumors. In fact, IGN has run with the Court of Owls idea.
Joe Chill
Global Mod
Global Mod

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Damian_Wayne » Dec 6th, 2018, 9:09 pm

This is the first time in a while I’ve felt pretty confident in a rumor. Have a good feeling about it :)
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby JordanT4021 » Dec 6th, 2018, 10:27 pm

Heard the Court of Owls rumours too. Such a great story arc like that would make a great game.

Fingers crossed for Wonder Woman. Hopefully they go for a New 52 approach. The characters and locations in that series would be brilliant to see in game form.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby legion » Dec 6th, 2018, 11:20 pm

I'm not sold that we'll see an announcement at the Game Awards tonight but I can see a GI cover reveal early next year.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Previous

Return to News